The 9th World Ayurveda Congress & Arogya Expo 2022 was organized in Goa.
World Ayurveda Congress-
- The World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) is a platform established by World Ayurveda Foundation to propagate Ayurveda globally in its true sense.
- Its objective is to provide a global platform for all the stakeholders, including industry leaders, practitioners, traditional healers, educationists, students, medicine manufacturers, growers of medicinal plants, and marketing strategists, for networking and engage in intellectual exchange to strengthen the Ayurveda sector, envision its future, and facilitate interaction between professionals and consumers to boost Ayurveda commerce.
- The first WAC was held in 2002 at Kochi as an outreach program, to create greater awareness and opportunities in the practice, science, and trade of Ayurveda.
- 9th edition of the World Ayurveda Congress has this very important overarching theme ‘Ayurveda for One Health.’
- The WHO defines ‘One Health’ as an approach to designing and implementing programs, policies, legislation, and research in which multiple sectors communicate and work together to achieve better public health outcomes.
- The ‘One Health’ approach is critical to addressing health threats in the animal, human, and environmental interface.
( https://twitter.com/9thWAC/status/1603417475449847809 )
( https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=915566749433682 )
( https://twitter.com/9thWAC/status/1602341385297960960?s=20&t=x-3DhUb1LW62ehxzCECKXw )
World returning to Ayurveda: PM Modi
The world returns to Ayurveda; The Prime Minister said that after trying many methods of treatment, he finally arrived at the ancient Ayurvedic treatment.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the world is finally returning to ancient Ayurvedic treatment after trying various treatment methods. He was addressing the closing session of the 9th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) and Health Expo. Delegates from more than 50 countries participated in the Ayurveda Congress.
The Prime Minister also virtually inaugurated the Goa-based All India Institute of Ayurveda, Ghaziabad-based National Institute of Unani Medicine, and Delhi-based National Institute of Homeopathy.
”The world has tried many methods of treatment. Now going back to the ancient Ayurvedic method. Not just about physical health. Ayurveda talks about everything that a human being needs healthily,” said the Prime Minister. More than 30 countries have recognized Ayurveda as a traditional system of medicine. Modi said that he was very happy about this and wanted to spread the importance of Ayurvedic treatment to more countries.
Modern science and medicine rely on an evidence-based database. Similarly, such a database needs to be created in the field of Ayurveda. The Prime Minister added that 40,000 research studies have already been uploaded on the Ayush portal of the central government.
The Ayurvedic industry in India has grown from Rs 20,000 crore to Rs 1.50 lakh crore in eight years. He said that the global market for Ayurveda is growing and this will create more employment opportunities.
( https://twitter.com/goacm/status/1601951541547896832 )
World Ayurveda Foundation-
- Founded in 2011, the World Ayurveda Foundation (WAF) is an initiative by Vijnana Bharati aimed at the global propagation of Ayurveda.
- As part of a larger intellectual movement under the aegis of the Swadeshi Science Movement undertaken by Vijnana Bharati, WAF is a platform that would take Ayurveda to the world for all the benefits mankind can draw from traditional health sciences.
- The objectives of WAF reflect global scope.
- Propagation and encouragement of all activities – scientific and Ayurveda-related – are the core principles.
Source: JournalsofIndia, JanamOnline